Monday, January 9, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Spritz Cookie Footballs

Don't put the cookie press away yet! I decided I'm going to challenge myself to a Spritz Cookie a Month in 2017. Yep, while some folks are focusing on eating better, exercising and losing weight, we here at Pig In Mud are committing to cookies:@) Oh the things I do for this blog-ha. So for January, it really wasn't a stretch for me to see a football shape in this cookie disc. How about whipping up some Chocolate Peanut Butter Spritz Cookie Footballs for the playoffs or Super Bowl. Once your team's out of it, it's all about the snacks *sniff*.

The laces were drawn on with a small white icing pen I bought at Walmart (on Christmas clearance).

Here are the two shapes I think would look most like footballs, I used the one on the right:
Don't hesitate to give the recipe a try no matter what disc you use, this is a tasty little cookie folks!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies-from Mom Foodie
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C creamy peanut butter-it's best to use a Jiff/Skippy creamy type, not a 'natural' PB
1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/2 C A/P flour
White icing pen for lace decoration
  1. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and salt.
  2. Mix in vanilla, egg and cocoa powder.
  3. Stir in flour until combined.
  4. Press cookies onto cool, ungreased baking sheets.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes, cool on rack.
  6. Draw laces on cool cookies.

10 comments:

  1. These sound delicious 😄 I've never seen this flavor spritz before.nn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh yummy! I have made chocolate spritz and I have made peanut butter spritz, but never thought of combining the two in one recipe. And I love your idea of making spritz once a month. I just bought a new Oxo cookie press (and all the seasonal die sets) after seeing you use the holiday dies on one of your posts. This is despite the fact that I already have 2 other cookie presses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we both have sweets and peanut butter on our minds, Lynn! I like your creative use of the disc, which does look like a football. The recipe sounds so tasty and chocolate and peanut butter are a great combo. I was just thinking about my cookie press and was going to ask you what your favorite spritz cookie was. It'll be fun to see what you come up with each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I finally located my spritz gun, I'm going to have to bake up some of these football cookies! At least before the Packers are knocked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, you are the spritz queen! Love this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working through, deleting and re-filing 2016 photos and came across a chocolate spritz cookie recipe but it didn't include peanut butter. Your's look so yummy! A couple cookies at the end of dinner won't do any harm (imho) :)
    I have the disk you used but not the other one. Oh, sorry about our Eagles :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever Lynn, and a chocolate peanut butter football will be well received by the home team! Cute idea! Love the monthly challenge,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once made a chicken liver pate shaped like a football to bring to a football party. You'd be surprised how many people don't like liver pate - LOL. I think they would eat these in a heartbeat. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these awesome little footballs with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I missed these cute cookies Lynn! They caught my eye when I saw them on your sidebar, pinned to my Game Day board! Your Eagles are looking good this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!