Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fruitcake White Chocolate Fudge-Easy Microwave Recipe

I like to share a fudge recipe at Thanksgiving for a couple reasons, 1. it kinda kicks off the holiday season for me and 2. for folks that don't bake, quick microwave fudge is a nice easy sweet treat to bring to gatherings. ~You are welcome~ she says with a mouthful of fudge:@) I've had visions of this Fruitcake White Chocolate Fudge dancing around in my head since last year... And I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Don't hesitate to give this one a try folks, it might even convert a fruitcake hater or two:@)

Important Notes:
  • White chocolate chips do NOT like to melt... It's best to find a nice melting white chocolate, if you only have chips (as I did), chop them up with a knife before microwaving (as I did not...).
  • I like the colorful red cherries, so I leave them bigger and only cut them in half. Adding green cherries would be very Christmasy!
  • Use at least 1/4 C and closer to 1/2 cup of raisins, they are what soaks up the liquor.
  • The nuts are very nice in this, use at least 1/4 C and I suggest more.
  • I put all of the add-ins into a measuring cup/bowl and pour the soaked raisins and vanilla on top of that bowl as well. That way everything is ready to be added to the melted chocolate all at once.
  • I used 2 cups of fruit/nut add-ins, I would probably use 2 1/2 C next time.
  • Stir fast! This fudge will set-up quickly.
I found the red candied cherries and all other dried fruit at Dollar Tree this year.

Fruitcake White Chocolate Microwave Fudge
14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz white chocolate chips-I used Ghirardelli
2 - 2 1/2 C chopped mix/match traditional fruitcake add ins:
-dried apricots
-dried cranberries-I, um, forgot I had these-bummer
-dried pineapple
-candied cherries
-raisins
-nuts of choice-I used toasted walnuts
2 Tblsp liquor of choice: dark rum, brandy, bourbon or orange liquor
1 tsp vanilla
  1. Microwave raisins in liquor of choice for 20 seconds. I had dark rum. Stir and set aside as you chop the rest of the fruit and nuts.
  2. Heat milk and white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir, zap in little spurts until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
  3. Quickly stir in everything else.  
  4. Pour into an 8x8 pan that has been lined with non-stick foil. Press down a bit and spread evenly.
  5. Chill at least one hour (longer is better), cut into squares and enjoy.
Several other varieties and flavor combinations can be found under my fudge label HERE.

Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
The Scoop
Show and Tell
Full Plate Thursday
Share Your Cup
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Inspiration Gallery
What to do Weekends
Friday Frenzy
Candy Plan Monday

15 comments:

  1. Pinned it! White chocolate is my favorite and I might try the orange liqueur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, melting chocolate can be tricky!! Your fudge looks professional and divine~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fudge Lynn! So easy and it would make a great food gift too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fudge is so pretty, Lynn, and almost looks liked stained glass. Thanks for sharing the recipe and for the tip of finding the fruits at the Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, sister friend...hope all is good in your world.
    I love fudge...I love white chocolate...but candied fruit isn't my thing. It sure LOOKS pretty, tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd pick these gems over traditional fruitcake every.single.time! So pretty and tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why am I afraid of this when it looks so good!!!!! I have never tasted anything with the name fruitcake in the title, but I've gotta say that I would probably try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn,
    That is the prettiest fudge and I am sure will be delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Come to next weeks Thanksgiving party on Tuesday at 8:00 am, CST, see you then!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right...white chocolate can be such a pain when it comes to melting! This looks holiday perfect! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a recipe for white fudge that we love, so I am sure we will love this as well. I've got to go downtown tomorrow. Dollar store, here I come!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn you and your recipe have been mentioned on my blog. My fudge ended up very moist and not firm, like most fudge ends up. I don't know why? Maybe because I used off brand condensed milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear it didn't firm up for you. I was actually worried mine would be a little too dense... Since chips come in smaller bags I did weigh mine to make 12 oz?

      Delete
  12. Hi, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!