Thursday, November 30, 2017

Maraschino Cherry Cream Cheese Ball or Logs

Oh these Cherry Cheese Ball Logs are fun folks! I don't know if this should be labeled an appy or a dessert but... I say just serve it and let everyone enjoy it:@) Cream cheese, maraschino cherries and pecans mixed with a few other ingredients, and I do suggest a good name brand graham cracker for serving. My boys thought the graham crackers with cinnamon would work well too. Don't hesitate to add this nice treat to your party menu this holiday season, I think you'll be pleased.

The original recipe is for a huge party, I made 1/3 for my Sunday dinner crew.
I cut my cherries into fourths, you may want them smaller.
As with most cream cheese based dips/cheese balls, leftovers are really, ~really~ nice schmeared on a bagel:@)

Maraschino Cherry Cream Cheese Logs-from Taste of Home
3 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese, softened
2 Tblsp sugar
1 Tblsp orange juice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
10 oz maraschino cherries, chopped and drained well pressed between paper towels
1 C chopped pecans, toasted
graham crackers for serving
  1. With mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, OJ and ginger until smooth.
  2. With spatula, fold in cherries.
  3. Refrigerate, covered, at least one hour (longer is better).
  4. Place pecans in shallow bowl, Shape mixture into two 7" logs. Roll in pecans, coat evenly.
  5. Wrap each log in plastic, refrigerate at least one hour. 
  6. Serve with graham crackers.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday and Everything Else

4 comments:

  1. That really does look like a great 'dessert' for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tasty and easy Lynn! I love the idea of it on a bagel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this? I know my family would love this, Lynn! I'm even thinking that mini chocolate chips would be yummy in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week and will be pinned to our Featured Board. Thanks so much for sharing with us and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!